Friday, December 14, 2007

Ernest Hemingway Home & Museum, Key West

This morning, I visited another old Key West historic attraction, the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum. The attraction is managed by Mike Morawski. Earlier this week I was hosted by Mike and his wife Marilyn for dinner in Key West. Mike shared with me some insight into operating an attraction in Key West. Mike is a former Chairman of the Board of the Florida Attractions Association, and has a keen instinct in matters of business and politics.

At the Hemingway home, I was hosted by Jacque Sands, who is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the historic site. My guide was Ray who shared with our group the history of the home, the Hemmingway years, his wives, tales, the Key's first swimming pool, and of course, the famous 6-toed cats which are descendants from Hemingway's days in Key West.

No comments: